Wow, so that's 2012 more or less wrapped up. Hope you've enoyed it. The highlights? Well, I rather enjoyed seeing the Queen parachute in at the Opening Ceremony of the Olympic Games. It's nice to see that there's no age restriction to being a Bond Girl. So, for no better reason than it's the end of the year and these things are traditional, here's my best of:
1. Movie-wise it's been a bumper year of AWESOMENESS. Just off the top of my head The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, The Avengers, Seven Psychopaths, and Dredd, which was as badass as I'd hoped it would be.
2. Book-wise, my favourite book has to be Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. It was how magical tales should be and went a long way in restorting my faith in stories concerning the fae. Otherwise another fav is of course the ongoing Game of Thrones. I read books 2 and three this year and book 4, Feat of Crows, is my Xmas read.
3. TV-wise I this year discovered The Big Bang Theory (now a Chadda family favourite) and Archer. OMG, where to begin with Archer? Utterly mad and utterly brilliant.
4. Our summer hols in Tuscany was rather great. Hope yours was too, whether in Tuscany or elsewhere.
5. Finally met Philip Reeve, major hero of mine. Do check out his Mortal Engines saga, the best series since EVER.
Now, that's 32012 sorted. Let's look ahead now, shall we, for I have news...
In 2013 there will be not ONE, not THREE but TWO Ash books! Huzzah!
Yes, because life is too short and who knows where any of us will be in 2014 Ash #2 comes out in March, and Ash #3 comes out in July.
It's very exciting as Book 2 does end on an ALMIGHTY cliffhanger which, I promise, NO-ONE on the planet will see coming. And no, Ash isn't a ghost, and you'll be growing grey hairs wanting to know how it plays out. Basically I think we went BADASS AND BEYOND in books 2 and 3. I'm about 70% through Ash #3 and it's been helter-skelter just blitzing it. Oh, I wish I could tell you more but hey, it'll be worth it.
I promise it'll be entertaining, educational and EXTREMELY EXTREME. Ash goes deeper into the study of Kali and there is no turning back. It's why the word BADASS was invented. Simple as that.
So, have a great Christmas, try not to overdo it with the mince pies and I'll see you here in 2013.